Uterine fibroids

Fibroids and infertility

Fibroids are tumors that are located in the pelvic regions of a woman. These tumors are almost always non cancerous. Also, in almost 75 percent of these cases, these fibroids are harmless and do not need to be removed from the body. However, in the rest 25 per cent, fibroids have caused a number of […]

Uterine fibroids symptoms

Uterine fibroids are characterized by lumps of various sizes that develop in the internal and external walls of the uterus. Uterine fibroids are also known as fibromas, leiomyomas, fibroid tumors or simply myomas. However, despite what the term ‘fibroid tumor’ suggests, uterine fibroids should not be mistaken to be a form of cancer since these […]

Pregnancy and fibroids

A pregnant woman often has to go for an ultrasound or pelvic exam. These exams are necessary for the physician to understand the condition of the woman’s baby and her uterus. Many women discovered, during these tests, the presence of uterine fibroids in their uterus. These growths, on or in the uterus, usually are harmless […]

Fibroids treatment

Fibroids are a very common growth in a female’s uterus. They are noncancerous growths that often appear during the childbearing years; they aren’t associated with any increased risk of cancer nor do they develop into cancer. In fact, uterine fibroids are usually symptomless, so many women don’t know that they have them. They are more […]

Fibroid tumors

Fibroid tumors are non-cancerous lumps which are usually found in the uterus of women aged between 30 to 40 years. Due to their solid and fibrous nature, these tumors are called fibroid tumors. In most cases fibroid tumors grow slowly as a single chunk combined of multiple masses and the growth has no symptoms whatsoever […]