Staff infection symptoms

A staff infection is caused by a specific type of bacteria, in this case the bacteria called staphylococcus. These bacteria are often found in healthy people in their noses or on their skin, and it’s usually quite harmless. Sometimes, staff infections are very minor and are simple skin infections. However, on some occasions, they will enter the bloodstream, lungs, heart, or urinary tract and cause much more serious infections. Generally, staff infections occur in people who already have a weak immune system due to a chronic illness, surgery, or some other condition. It is possible, though, that completely healthy people can develop one of these more serious staff infections.

Staff infections generally develop from bacteria that a person has been carrying around for quite some time rather than bacteria that has recently appeared on a person’s skin. Staff bacteria can easily be passed from person to person, so it’s very important that anyone who shows the symptoms of a staff infection try to limit their contact with others. Likewise, the bacteria can live on towels, pillows, blankets, and just about anything an infected person touches, and another person can pick up the bacteria from these items. Staff bacteria are incredibly hardy and can survive extreme temperatures, being put through a dryer, and even being cooked.

The symptoms of a staff infection do vary from person to person. Light cases involve only a very minor skin problem, while serious staff infections may involve endocarditis, which is an inflammation of the heart’s valve lining that can be fatal. Because of this, the list of symptoms is fairly lengthy. If your staff infection is caused by a skin infection, you may experience boils, which are small pockets of pus that form over pores or hair follicles. These boils are swollen and red, and they can break open and bleed. Impetigo is another symptom—it’s a painful rash made up of large blisters. Often, impetigo occurs in children who have staff infections. Cellulitis, a reddening and swelling of the skin, is another symptom, as is what is called scalded skin syndrome. This last condition affects mostly newborns who have contracted a staff infection.

If your staff infection is caused by food poisoning, you’ll usually experience them within about six hours of eating. Sometimes, these staff infections are over within a few days, although the symptoms last longer and can be more serious in older adults and young children. The symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps, signs that are often associated with other types of food poisoning besides staff infections.

If your staff infection is caused by blood poisoning, or bacteremia, then you have staff bacteria in your bloodstream. These bacteria can then travel throughout your body and cause infections and complications with your heart, lungs, and other organs. It can also cause problems with any surgically implanted devices like pacemakers and artificial joints. One of the major signs of this type of staff infection is a persistent fever that will not break or continues to return.

Toxic shock syndrome is another condition that can cause a staff infection. This is a life-threatening condition that develops very rapidly. It involves nausea, vomiting, high fever, muscle aches, headache, and can even include mental confusion and seizures. These symptoms are also often accompanied by a rash on the soles and palms.

Finally, septic arthritis can lead to a staff infection. In this case, the infection generally appears in the knees, although it may also appear in the hips, wrists, elbows, shoulders, and ankles. The affected joint will swell, and you will start to experience severe pain in that joint. You may also run a fever or experience severe chills.

Last updated on Dec 28th, 2009 and filed under Other Conditions & Diseases. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed