One procedure that is an alternative medical practice is called a colonic. Colonics are also called colonic irrigation and colon hydrotherapy. It is a procedure that is much like an enema treatment that flushes the colon with warm water. Colonics are also sometimes called high enemas. This treatment uses up to 20 gallons of warm water to clean out the colon. Alternative medical practitioners say that regular colonics can keep you healthier and less prone to digestive ailments. Colonics were first used in the 14th century. It wasn’t until the late 1800s that they began to be used in the United States. Dr. Elmer Lee was able to gain benefits of managing the cholera epidemic of 1892 with the use of colonics. There are many other benefits one can derive from a colonic.
Colonic benefits are many. Below are just a few:
- To cleanse the colon of harmful chemicals and addictives that are in the average American diet. Such things as monosodium glutamate (MSG), aspartame, cysteine, hydrolyzed protein and aspartic acid can build up in the colon. When these toxic substances build up you can feel weak, experience stomach bloating and have bad breath. The skin can develop a rash and discolor. These toxins can leave you feeling fatigued and lethargic. They can also affect your sex life. A regular colonic can benefit your overall health and well being because it can rid the colon of these harmful toxins.
- Removes the built up mucus, sludge, and other waste material in your colon.
- Colonics help neighboring organs by reducing the volume in the colon. They help provide a relaxing effect on the liver, heart and lungs as well. Pressure in the abdomen is reduced.
- Colonics benefits the hips and back and can increase their flexibility.
- Colonics benefit the muscles in the abdomen because of the accompanying massage that increases muscle tone in the abdomen and reduces trapped waste materials in the intestine.
- Restoration of normal muscle tone in the large intestines which can help relieve constipation and diarrhea.
- Very beneficial to increase one’s sense of well being. This is because colonics rid the colon of undigested food, gases and toxins.
- Relieves edema. Colonics can help rid the body of excess water build up and relieves inflammation in the digest tract.
- Rids the body of parasites. Colonics can contain additives like parasite killers such as vermifuge to rid the body of parasites.
- Beneficial for an improved metabolism.
- Helps to relieve prolapsed intestines. Helps to restore natural elimination after surgery.
- Increases mental clarity.
- Rejuvenates the entire body.
- Weight loss. One of the best colonics benefits is that they can help you to lose weight. Noticeable weight loss can follow a colonic treatment. Some research has shown that people can have up to 30 pounds of waste material build up in their colons. A colonic can help rid the body of this toxic waste material in the colon.
You may need a colonic if you find that you are experiencing food intolerances. If your stools smell foul you may need a colonic. Colonics can help prevent colds and viruses from setting in. Some headaches can be relieved by a colonic. People who are constipated definitely can benefit from colonics. One sure sign of a toxic colon is constipation. Infrequent bowel movements which need a lot of straining to eliminate can be another sign that a person will benefit from colonics.
Naturopath and those who practice alternative medicine feel that 90% of all illnesses can begin in a toxic colon. Colonics should be done by an experienced professional. Colonics can be dangerous to do on your own.
on Mar 5th, 2011 and filed under Digestive Health
You can add more information by filling following comment form.